Saturday, May 24, 2008

Awkward Moment Theater

When I was in New York last year, I wrote sketches for a group called New Media Comedy. Some of them were performed live in the 2007 New York Underground Comedy Festival, and now three of them have been filmed and placed on NMC's Myspace page. Apparently they're really big on the concept and are going to produce some more sketches for it and maybe do some live shows using this as the glue. So even stuff that I'm not going to write will have my name on it. Ah, the "Created by" credit.

Here are the three that have been produced so far. I'm really happy with two of them especially. One has some creative changes that I totally understand but a joke I was on love with got cut. But it is much closer to my original vision than the other set of scripts I had produced by someone else, so for that I am happy. Although the other people paid me, so there's a tradeoff I suppose. But that is "The Biz" I guess, better to learn it now. But here without further rambling by me, is Awkward Moment Theater:

Awkward Moment Theatre 1


Awkward Moment Theatre 2


Awkward Moment Theatre 3

No comments: